But out of limitations comes creativity...

July 02, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away or Not? I miss you Mr. Sun!

with 0 comments
It's been a very wet week here in South Florida.
Rain,rain,rain... Oh I can't take it anymore!!!
I love the beach and the pool and to take walks at the park, but this weather makes me so sad.
I really need sunshine all the time.
We are getting more rain now than we have in months. But guess what? We still more rain to  lift us out of drought status.
That's why read is so good.
I read about that and now I don't feel so sad about the rain.
Actually I got some ways to save water and would like to share with you guys.
We all know we should always try to save water but sometimes is good to have a reminder right?
I will post some  and at the end I'll let you know where to go to get the info on how we can save more water :)

14. Avoid purchasing recreational water toys that require a constant stream of water.

15. Consider using a commercial car wash that recycles water. If you wash your own car, park on the grass and use a hose with an automatic shut-off nozzle.

16. Avoid installing ornamental water features (such as fountains) unless they use recycled water.

17. If you have a swimming pool, consider a new water-saving pool filter. A single back flushing with a traditional filter uses 180 to 250 gallons of water.
18. Never pour water down the drain when there may be another use for it. Use it to water your indoor plants or garden.

22. Check for toilet leaks by adding food coloring to the tank. If you have a leak, the color will appear in the bowl within 30 minutes. (Flush immediately to avoid stains.)

23. If the toilet handle frequently sticks in the flush position, letting water run constantly, replace or adjust it.

Now the next 3 you have to be really really in to "save water"... if you are a mom like me...don't you love to take long warm (and if you are really stressed hot burning water) showers?
IDK about a bucket in the shower with me... turn shower on and off...hum..I guess I can do that.
25. Take shorter showers. Replace your showerhead with an ultra-low-flow version.

26. Place a bucket in the shower to catch excess water to water plants.

27. In the shower, turn water on to get wet; turn off to lather up; then turn the water back on to rinse off. Repeat when washing your hair.
36. Don’t let water run while brushing your teeth, washing your face or shaving.
This one is for my son Anthony who looves to play with the toilet!
39. Avoid flushing the toilet unnecessarily.

Source.

Rain Rain please hurry give us more water and Sun please come back soon, I miss you <3



Talking about sunny days and outside, here is something I always do with the kids and they love it.
We paint at the park :)
I take them to the park with a big sheet, a basket full of paint, brushes and paper, some snacks and drinks.
Next time you go to the park, try it, your kids are going to have a blast and you'll have a new free and original art master piece for your  house :)



0 comments: