But out of limitations comes creativity...

August 05, 2011

Whole Wheat Flax Banana Cake

with 1 comments
This is my very "first" recipe!!!!!!!!!!!


I was looking for cakes recipes last week because I wanted to use this Flax seed I had for a while.


I found bread, cookies and cakes recipes.


After looking up so many... I took one ingredient from each, add some more and made my own.


I wanted to be whole wheat, no white flour at all :)


Oh just to let you know... if you don't like the taste of healthy stuff this is not for you.


Me, I love the taste of whole wheat bread and brown rice... so this is a cake for me :)

Here is my recipe...


Whole Wheat Flax Banana Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tbsp. dark corn syrup

1 mashed banana

3 tbsp. flax seed

1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/4 cup water (next time I will use soy milk)


That's it... mix just like you would mix other cakes, nothing special.




Bake at 350.


And you will have this delicious, nutricious and healthy cake!



Great with a cup of coffee :)

Have a safe weekend everyone!

 
Come join the party at

Lots of Lovin' Weekend Blog Hop


1 comments:

  1. Ellen said...

    YUM! New follower here! Would love to have you stop by our blog when you have a sec! http://letterlearning.blogspot.com Thanks! Ellen at Letter Learning: Educational Greeting Cards for Kids