But out of limitations comes creativity...

August 04, 2011

Scientist for a Day

with 5 comments
Today I had special plans for the kids. When did I think about that? 10 minutes before I decide it! LOL


Serious that's how my brain is sometimes.


Today I took the kids to Okeeheelee Park. I love this place!!!!!


And we did something different...



I told them it was a Field Trip... "Scientist for A Day Field Trip."


It was fun and super educational :)

Some of the things I took to the "Field Trip" ;) .....





First I let them play at the park...





It was soooo HOT!!!!


Now, time to be a Scientist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one jar for each and told them to get things from nature and put inside the jar...



Ok, now let's see what the 2 Famous Scientists got.....





After was time to paint a picture of the things inside of the jar
and talk about it.






                                                    We are going to do it again very soon, they love it!



We talked about the things from the jar, look at the beautiful nature and had lots of laughs.

What a wonderful day with my lovey's <3

 I hope this could give you some ideas to do something different with your kids at the park.

Enjoy your Day :)



Linking at

5 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Great idea! If it wasn't so hot here in Oklahoma we would do the same =)

  2. Sabrina Lopez said...

    Thanks Melissa! I know the heat ... :(

  3. Unknown said...

    Kids are something else, aren't they? I wish I had their energy bottled up and could get a drink on the days I really need it! I came over from the weekend blog hop and I am a new follower thru GFC and I followed on Facebook. I would love a follow back on both when you get a free moment. Thanks so very much and have a great weekend.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

  4. Sarah @ Made in USA Challenge said...

    Love this idea! Although at 17 months my toddler is more interested in eating nature right now!
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

  5. Tania B said...

    Sounds like a fun day! Dropping by from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop. I am now following you and would love a follow back!